The landmark case involved allegations that a local agency received kickbacks in awarding a contract to a vendor. Though there were many unique aspects of that EMS system that made the government’s case highly questionable, there are nevertheless many important principles of compliance that must be followed whenever an ambulance company enters into a contract – or even an unwritten arrangement - to provide EMS in a community. In this webinar, we will discuss the following critical topics:
- Avoiding inducements in local government contracts
- Why all EMS systems aren’t created equal
- How previous OIG guidance on ambulance contracts applies – or doesn’t apply – to your EMS system
- Whether you should have a written contract, and, if so, what key provisions should be in it
- How to “follow the money” in municipal EMS and keep it all above board
- Five things you should never do in a local 911 service contract
This webinar is approved for 1.5 hours of CACO CEU credit.
Each registration will provide one login to the webinar platform. This webinar can be broadcast in a conference room for a large group or at one workstation using the login received upon confirmation of the registration. This login is unique to the registrant and cannot be used at multiple workstations. If additional logins are needed, additional paid registrations will be required.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WEBINAR LOGINS AND HANDOUTS WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL THE ACCOUNT IS PAID IN FULL
Thank you to our webinar sponsor!