Webinar Recording and Handouts
ET3 is Here! How to Prepare, Apply and Participate
A PWW Media Webinar Recording
The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) opened the ET3 Application Portal the week of August 5th, 2019 on the ET3 Model web page. This comprehensive covers everything from how ET3 works to the essential items you need to participate. Whether you’re applying this summer, or just interested in ET3, this Webinar is for you.
Agencies selected to participate in the ET3 program fall 2019 will be the first to be eligible for Medicare reimbursement for transports to alternative destinations and treatment on scene. But you must apply to participate, and there are strict requirements. This exclusive Webinar covers all of the ET3 bases, including:
- Alternative Destinations– Find out what facilities can participate and what you need to have in place with those facilities.
- 24/7 Plan – You will need a plan to ensure the availability of at least one ET3 intervention 24/7/365.
- ET3 Compliance Plan – We’ll pinpoint the compliance risks and tell you what your plan should look like.
- Telehealth Platform – Discover what applications you can use to communicate with qualified healthcare practitioners.
- Interoperability Plan – You’ll need a plan to participate in health information exchange (HIE).
- ET3 Reimbursement – Discover how you’ll be paid under ET3 and what bonuses are available.
- Medical Necessity - We’ll cover what CMS will likely look for when making determinations of medical necessity under ET3.
- Qualified Healthcare Practitioners (QHP) - We will identify who QHPs can be and recommend strategies for treatment in place.
- Learning System Activities – You will have to participate in learning systems and related activities as a condition of participation in ET3.
- Protocols – Find out what protocols you will need to have in place for ET3 transports and treatment in place.
- Agreements/Letters of Intent – Discover what you need in order to demonstrate that your partners a ready and willing to participate in ET3.
This webinar is approved for 1.5 hours of CEU credit for CAC, CACO and CAPO.