The Ambulance Survival Kit for Hospital Bed Delays
PLEASE NOTE: THIS DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL YOUR ACCOUNT IS PAID IN FULL
The PWW Media Ambulance Survival Kit for Hospital Bed Delays is a highly practical, information-packed publication designed to help EMS organizations deal with the nationwide crisis being caused by extended ambulance patient offload times in hospital EDs all across the country. This new publication provides a detailed overview of the legal responsibilities of hospitals and the rights of EMS agencies, as well as strategies to work with your hospital partners to address these problems both operationally and financially.
Among other issues, the PWW Media Ambulance Survival Kit for Hospital Bed Delays addresses the following:
- Are EMS crews required to remain with patients in the ED?
- Can crews leave the hospital prior to formal “acceptance” of care by hospital staff?
- When does a patient become the legal responsibility of the hospital?
- Can EMS bill the hospital for EMS staff time spent caring for hospital patients?
- Does it constitute “patient abandonment” to leave a patient in a hospital prior to a formal “handoff”?
The Survival Kit also contains several practical “ready to customize” tools that EMS organizations can use, including a model policy and a sample hospital contract that your organization can use to negotiate fair compensation from your hospital partners.